Okay, so I just hit 1,000 likes on this blog! Thanks to everyone’s who’s been here from the start of my smartphone blogging adventures to those newly joined. Also, Marlyn from Kintal nominated me for the two above awards, so thanks! I guess when people nominate you for the award, that just means you’ve received it. They should just say you’ve been bestowed the award because I was waiting to hear from some selection committees. I know: No0b!
The rules for this award:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog. Done
- Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination. Check
- Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers. Holy smokes! I’ll try but I ain’t makin’ promises 😉
- Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post. Will do.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself. Okay, easy enough…
7 Interesting things about me (in no particular order):
1. When I was a kid, I was in TIME magazine as part of an article on the 1990 census.
2. My wife and I were married on New Year’s Eve because that’s how things worked out 🙂
3. My friend Kevin and I were in the Los Angeles Times for a sculpture we did: it was a to-scale, basket-woven Sherman Tank that sat atop of a cube of grass. (Shout out to my wife and her friend for helping to weave the thing!)
4. I love primates, especially gorillas and monkeys (anyone notice?). I think studying them reveals a lot about our behavior and humanity (or lack thereof).
5. My wife taught me how to needlefelt (she really is involved in my life, huh?).
6. We just adopted a Shih Tzu from the South L.A. Animal Shelter.
7. I love to eat but I don’t consider myself a foodie. I’d go with grazer or eater. I eat all sorts of junk and I’ve been to some very fine restaurants. I feel that food helps you feel a certain way and that enjoyment can be enhanced with great company. Some of my fondest moments in life are tied to the foods I’ve eaten.
These awards go to:
The Very Best Top 10
Figure Fan Zero
the Grimm Report
Michael Allan Leonard
Rebell Red Arts
Words Up Mommy
Good News for Geeks
Mini Fig Fun
Carlos A. Cisneros Illustration
Don, thank you so much for nominating my blog! Congratulations on your nomination/win, too, and your 1,000-Likes achievement! Keep those artworks coming! 🙂
Thank you very much for the nomination, that’s made my day! Congratulations on the 1000 likes too, it’s definitely well deserved.
You’re welcome and thanks for having such a humorous strip!
Thank you so, so much for this award but I am afraid I have already been nominated for them and attached them to my website, but I still am very grateful for you choosing me and a little bit honoured to have it again so
I will follow the rules and pass it on. I hope this is OK.
P.S I loved the title.
Well, just wanted to say I think your lists are fantastic and thanks!
Thanks!! So awesome! Congrats on the follows, so many!! Can I have some 🙂
Haha, those are just for likes. I only have about 130 awesome followers but I’d be more than happy to direct them your way 🙂
YAY we got nominated 😀 Thank you so much!
You’re welcome 🙂
Thank you so much for the award!!! That’s so awesome. I feel honored 😀
Hey thanks for the nomination! Very nice take on the Penguin, too.
Thank you sir and you’re welcome!
awe, i’m late to this party, but i’m glad i made it. you rock! thanks so much!!