I noticed some new followers and some perennial friends. Thanks to the following people:
I see you guys and I know i haven’t said it I a while. I wish you all a beautiful journey in your endeavors!
It took some work to format this book for print and for e-publication but Andy Nordvall and I got it done! We went with Ingram Spark, thanks to Kat Rocha from 01 Publishing for that. If you get a chance, check out their chilling Casefile: Arkham series! Special thanks to Jake Parker and his #Inktober movement for permitting us to use his imagery. Inktober was the basis and inspiration for this project and here’s to looking forward to this year’s challenge!
Our book is currently available on Amazon in e-book and paperback!
Okay, so I just hit 1,000 likes on this blog! Thanks to everyone’s who’s been here from the start of my smartphone blogging adventures to those newly joined. Also, Marlyn from Kintal nominated me for the two above awards, so thanks! I guess when people nominate you for the award, that just means you’ve received it. They should just say you’ve been bestowed the award because I was waiting to hear from some selection committees. I know: No0b!
The rules for this award:
7 Interesting things about me (in no particular order):
1. When I was a kid, I was in TIME magazine as part of an article on the 1990 census.
2. My wife and I were married on New Year’s Eve because that’s how things worked out 🙂
3. My friend Kevin and I were in the Los Angeles Times for a sculpture we did: it was a to-scale, basket-woven Sherman Tank that sat atop of a cube of grass. (Shout out to my wife and her friend for helping to weave the thing!)
4. I love primates, especially gorillas and monkeys (anyone notice?). I think studying them reveals a lot about our behavior and humanity (or lack thereof).
5. My wife taught me how to needlefelt (she really is involved in my life, huh?).
6. We just adopted a Shih Tzu from the South L.A. Animal Shelter.
7. I love to eat but I don’t consider myself a foodie. I’d go with grazer or eater. I eat all sorts of junk and I’ve been to some very fine restaurants. I feel that food helps you feel a certain way and that enjoyment can be enhanced with great company. Some of my fondest moments in life are tied to the foods I’ve eaten.
These awards go to:
The Very Best Top 10
Figure Fan Zero
the Grimm Report
Michael Allan Leonard
Rebell Red Arts
Words Up Mommy
Good News for Geeks
Mini Fig Fun
Carlos A. Cisneros Illustration
Yesterday, famished on etsy made its 100th & 101st sale. What’s going on there on the felting foam? Is it toast? That, my friends, is the beginning of a needle-felted grilled cheese: one if the first items created and sold from my shop when it first opened in 2009. What is it for? To thank those two aforementioned sales. I no longer sell these in the shop except for special requests. My friend Christina was my first customer and bought a needle-felted grilled cheese, buttered toast keychain and a needle-felted BLT. (I know, it sounds like I made her a carb-rich lunch.)
Anyway, check my Twitter feed for the shop’s first discount code and, who knows, you may receive a surprise with your purchase.