There are roads even Victor Von Doom won’t walk down and he will not suffer fools.
Okay, so I just hit 1,000 likes on this blog! Thanks to everyone’s who’s been here from the start of my smartphone blogging adventures to those newly joined. Also, Marlyn from Kintal nominated me for the two above awards, so thanks! I guess when people nominate you for the award, that just means you’ve received it. They should just say you’ve been bestowed the award because I was waiting to hear from some selection committees. I know: No0b!
The rules for this award:
7 Interesting things about me (in no particular order):
1. When I was a kid, I was in TIME magazine as part of an article on the 1990 census.
2. My wife and I were married on New Year’s Eve because that’s how things worked out 🙂
3. My friend Kevin and I were in the Los Angeles Times for a sculpture we did: it was a to-scale, basket-woven Sherman Tank that sat atop of a cube of grass. (Shout out to my wife and her friend for helping to weave the thing!)
4. I love primates, especially gorillas and monkeys (anyone notice?). I think studying them reveals a lot about our behavior and humanity (or lack thereof).
5. My wife taught me how to needlefelt (she really is involved in my life, huh?).
6. We just adopted a Shih Tzu from the South L.A. Animal Shelter.
7. I love to eat but I don’t consider myself a foodie. I’d go with grazer or eater. I eat all sorts of junk and I’ve been to some very fine restaurants. I feel that food helps you feel a certain way and that enjoyment can be enhanced with great company. Some of my fondest moments in life are tied to the foods I’ve eaten.
These awards go to:
The Very Best Top 10
Figure Fan Zero
the Grimm Report
Michael Allan Leonard
Rebell Red Arts
Words Up Mommy
Good News for Geeks
Mini Fig Fun
Carlos A. Cisneros Illustration
The recipe for acceptance is as follows:
1. Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you. Thanks,
2. Answer 5 Super Sweet questions. These can be found down below.
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post.
4. Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other deserving bloggers. We’re keeping it to a half dozen (6). We’re running low on flour.
5. Notify your Super Sweet nominees on their blog.
5 SUPER SWEET QUESTIONS
1. Cookies or Cake? Both? I like cake with cookies on top of it, yes please.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate…although, I wouldn’t refuse vanilla (I take what I can get).
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? Carrot cake or chocolate covered marzipan.
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? Uh, when I’m awake…
5. Sweet Nick Name? Sugar Monkey – I just made that one up 🙂
6 NOMINEES FOR THIS SUPER SWEET AWARD (in no particular order)