I noticed some new followers and some perennial friends. Thanks to the following people:
I see you guys and I know i haven’t said it I a while. I wish you all a beautiful journey in your endeavors!
It took some work to format this book for print and for e-publication but Andy Nordvall and I got it done! We went with Ingram Spark, thanks to Kat Rocha from 01 Publishing for that. If you get a chance, check out their chilling Casefile: Arkham series! Special thanks to Jake Parker and his #Inktober movement for permitting us to use his imagery. Inktober was the basis and inspiration for this project and here’s to looking forward to this year’s challenge!
Our book is currently available on Amazon in e-book and paperback!
Thank you to all those who entered Baby Death’s block print giveaway. The 5 winners are as follows:
1. MICHELLE MAUSI
3. LORRAINE GLOGIRL
4. JENN (LTTLESHOPOFHORRORS)
Congratulations! Winners were randomly selected from those who commented on the original giveaway announcement post from last Thursday.
I know there a bajillzoinks blogs and artists out there, so thanks for checking in every now and then and showing Baby Death some love. Now I’m going to try to figure out how to get in touch with y’all 🙂
Yesterday, famished on etsy made its 100th & 101st sale. What’s going on there on the felting foam? Is it toast? That, my friends, is the beginning of a needle-felted grilled cheese: one if the first items created and sold from my shop when it first opened in 2009. What is it for? To thank those two aforementioned sales. I no longer sell these in the shop except for special requests. My friend Christina was my first customer and bought a needle-felted grilled cheese, buttered toast keychain and a needle-felted BLT. (I know, it sounds like I made her a carb-rich lunch.)
Anyway, check my Twitter feed for the shop’s first discount code and, who knows, you may receive a surprise with your purchase.
Funny enough, I was doodling this cartoon when I found out that The Grimm Report (Right here) had nominated me. Much thanks for the nomination and liking my doodles! I was reading their post about going on holiday the other night and the above doodle popped into my head. Anyway, I don’t know much about the Liebster Award but I will try my best to honor the rules. 1) Say Thanks to the Blog that nominated you and link back (done!), 2) Answer the questions posed to you by said blog, 3)Nominate 11 other blogs and 4) Pose 11 questions to them. (Is there something magical in the number 11?) First up (let’s see here..oh yeah), I will answer some questions posed by the Grimm Report:
1. Q: Do you know the Muffin Man? Not the one on Drury Lane, the other one. A: The one that works in the supermarket? I thought that was a woman. Uh…
2. Q: Do you know what this trail of breadcrumbs leads to? A: Sorry, no. I was hoping it would lead to a sandwich.
3. Q: Who is the fairest one of all? A: I’m going with either Judge Marilyn Milian from People’s Court or Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I heard Snow White and the Witch are still studying for the Bar.
4. Q: Really? A: As far as I know.
5. Q: Which of the Seven Dwarfs best describes you? A: Was Hungry a dwarf? If not, then Sleepy. However, if I’m hungry and Sleepy I get Grumpy.
6: Q: Which of the Seven Dwarfs bests describes your significant other? Give examples. A: Was there a Lovely or Awesome Dwarf? (Did I score bonus points?) ‘Cause, y’know, she’s just wonderful 🙂 She baked me a cake for my birthday (which I got to eat for breakfast!) and got me a membership to Bacon of the Month.
7. Q: If the Genie were at your command, what would you wish for? A: Infinite Wishes (wait, checking the rulebook…)
8. Q: Exactly how many ways are there to skin a cat? A: Quite a few from my understanding but I hear the Wild Dog Pete or Phonebooth Bill methods are the best. See, they were these two homeless guys who discovered an almost unlimited supply of felines in the park down the street…hmm, maybe I’ve said too much.
9. Q: How do you know? A: Uh, I don’t know what you’re talking about. These are not the droids you’re looking for.
10: Q: We all know where the Yellow Brick Road leads to, but where did the Red Brick Road out of Munchkin Land go? A: I have heard some say to the Quadling town, but I honestly think it just stopped by that one NY Style Pizza joint.
11: Q: How do you feel? A: Like I’m Nguyening It 🙂
11 Blogs that I nominate:
http://grimmreport.com/ – Right back at ya!
11 Questions thusly asked:
1. What is your favorite pizza topping?
2. Where is your favorite pizza joint providing said favorite pizza topping?
3. Transformers or Gobots?
4. Star Wars or Star Trek?
5. Picasso, Warhol, Duchamp or Ed Roth?
6. Would you rather wait at the Post Office or the DMV?
7. True or False?
8. Whom would you side with in a war: zombies, werewolves or vampires?
9. Who or whom?
10. Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?
11. May I have the last donut?